March 19, 2013

so much news

There’s so much happening and I suddenly have so much to say that I feel like I could be writing three to four posts a day, even just to keep myself on top of what’s going on.  I guess this is the nature of being a writer.  Nothing but a mostly solitary struggle for years and then what feels like an overwhelming flurry of activity. 

I’ve updated the NEWS tab with some of this information, but this week (in two days!) is the first official event for Bone and Bread, a reading at Type Books with Andrew Kaufman. And Friday morning, if you can believe it, I’m going to be on Canada AM!!  I’m so excited because I used to watch this show every morning during breakfast before heading to the office, and I kind of adore everybody on it.    

And next week is the Montreal launch and official pub date (whatever that means).  I’ve been dragging my heels on sending out the Montreal email invitation to people I know, although there is already a Facebook event.  I feel a little bad about sending out messages like this -- as though I’m pestering people -- but then I think, okay, it’s just one invitation, and they might actually want to know about it, and after all, at this rate I’m only averaging one email of this sort every five-six years, so….it’s probably okay, right?

No comments: